Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Books for Feb

I just finished reading my requisite two books for the month:
  • The Zahir by Paulo Coelho
  • Book 5 of The Chronicles of Narnia (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) by C.S. Lewis
Zahir's a bit heavier than what I'm used to (which tells you what kind of books I normally read. Haha), or perhaps I just didn't feel like going deeper and reflecting on what was in the book, or maybe I was just a bit skeptical about what he was saying. Still, it presented a way of thinking that was very different from my own, so it was still worth the read.

Narnia, as always, is a light, pleasant read, although I still haven't read anything that compares to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. (That is perhaps the reason why book 2 has been turned into a musical and a movie.) In the end though, I did feel a little sad--how I normally feel when I've gotten a bit attached to the characters. I guess finishing a good book is a lot like saying goodbye. And I hate goodbyes.

And that reminded me that Harry's ending next year. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home