Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Friday, June 09, 2006

Doncha

H and I celebrated our bi-anniversary on--of all days--06-06-06. Since most of our relevant special occasions are in December and January (anniversary, Christmas, both our birthdays), we decided to invent one so that we'd have an excuse to celebrate midway through the year. And thus the bi-anniv was born.

We were to have dinner at a nice place that evening, so I cleaned up a bit--wore my camisole top (Mr. Mally: "Ba't ka nakapantulog?") and finally got my hair trimmed. A couple of people said I looked hot (one said "so hot"! Ha!) which is something I rarely hear from people other than H! Yup, I was feelin' it. But no, Murphy's Law had to catch up with me. By the end of the day, after helping True Friend lug some clothes back to Glorietta and taking care of my own pullouts, there I was on a street corner in Makati, waiting for H, sweaty and haggard, my camisole top sticking to my damp skin. It was a My Name Is Earl-esque moment that now has me thinking about my evil deeds and the karma that's yet to hit.

So H picked me up, getting an intense workout just by loading my pullouts onto his car. "I wanted to look hot for you today," I said, "but now I look like trapo!" And of course, the good boyfriend that he is, he replied: "You still look hot." And that's why we've been together for five-and-a-half years.

Ate at Fig and Olive--entry to follow in my other blog.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Cathy said...

    Aaaaw... happy bi-anniv tisha!! invite us to your wedding ha! ;p

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Haha. Thanks, Cathy! And matagal pa 'yun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home