Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

And so it begins

Well, almost.

As his Christmas present to me, H agreed to pay for and help with my room re-do. So on Saturday, we shall begin by stripping the wallpaper off my walls. Neither of us knows how to do it, but I'm sure one of my trusty back issues can clue us in (and there's always the ever-dependable net!). The week after, we shall attempt to paint. "Hindi ako marunong ha," warned H. To which I replied, "The point isn't perfection." I reassured him by telling him to think of it as practice for our future house. He didn't seem convinced.

I have to find time to go to Bangkal to hunt for an old side table that I could rework, buy me that Tord Boontje lamp (if it's still available), and get a new bedspread. In my initial draft of my room's layout, my bed was in a new position, and a reading chair would be placed in a corner--although knowing me and my room's history, the chair shall become a receptacle for my bag. I've decided against the layout after reading up on Feng Shui principles (I had to for a racket). There's only so much I could do, layout-wise, given that I have built-in shelves, a wall of cabinets, and two doors to consider. I dunno, maybe I shall tempt Fate and favor aesthetics over Feng Shui. Or maybe not.

The reading chair was supposed to come from my mom's room--an antique-y, elaborately carved, wooden chair with dusty white cushions. It comes with an equally elaborate desk. I wanted to play around with the chair, paint it white and re-upholster it in a funky fabric. But I'm not sure mumsy will be too happy about losing a chair in her bedroom...

I bought a steel tape measure over the weekend, and tonight I shall attempt to use it. Time to measure my room and figure out how much paint I'm gonna need.

They have that on the net, don't they?


I lifted the pic off of this website.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Yihee project

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Yihee! Haha. I ended up reading last night and didn't get to measure my room. Drat.

     
  • At 12:30 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    oh i wanna re-do my room. i wanna have it in red.... nice!

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Wow, makakatulog ka kaya no'n? Sa bagay, it suits your personality. Haha.

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    oo nman noh!! si gladzalwayshappy pa... hahahahahaha!!

    and eto lang ah... not everybody has a red bedroom... and i so want to have it... noooneennooo...

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    may gusto ka bang makakita ng iyong unique red room? hmm..? yiheee gladys yiheee

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wait, so wala na yung pink wallpaper?

    every time i think of renovating my room (i need sturdier shelves), i just think of moving out. haha.

    PS. im about to work on the gilmore article. read the past articles. 1500 words?! hahaha.

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Miguel, it's coral. Haha. I was in some Mexican phase. Anyhoo, it's still there! We couldn't tear it down coz have been out of the house most of the time, and we have guests coming. Didn't want my niece to stay in a half-finished room. I did manage to de-clutter a bit though.

    Re: Shopping...you can make it shorter, just make it all photo-documentary-ish. Damihan natin photos. Hahaha. (Although you'd be surprised how much you could write.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home