Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, July 27, 2009

Libre ang mangarap

Isn't it just like me to be daydreaming more about our house than about our wedding? Haha. I've determined the look we're going for, and it might sound kind of strange: beachy Scandinavian. Haha. It's hot meets cold! I just like the clean lines of Scand design mixed with relaxed, tropical elements to make it more earthy. Kind of like this, from Domino (RIP! Sniff):


This living room setup is the same color as our wedding! Haha. Green with black and white accents.

I might have to settle for a bamboo rug instead of a harder-to-maintain sisal one. I also wish I could have this as an accent chair:



But I think I'll be having my lolo's old butaca chair refinished instead. It's nice to have some things with a story behind them. Was thinking of buying a couple of chairs similar to the one pictured in the peg, from my tita. But the set was a gift from her mother-in-law so that's out of the question. Would love to pair the seats with a pristine white sofa, and a couple of small Bamileke stools, like the one below, but in white:



I know, I know--this African baby doesn't exactly fit my beachy Scand concept, but the look is pretty rustic (although it's a seat for kings!). And it's an eclectic look anyway!

For the dining area, I really, really wish I could get this pendant lamp:



But it's way too expensive, and I don't think I could find something exactly like it here. Must visit Dapitan one weekend.

The second floor isn't going to strictly follow the theme. The rooms are still going to be relaxed, but I'm going for a sort of casual elegance. For the master bedroom, the plan is to have a platform bed made, and just have a faux headboard painted. Sorta like this other peg from Domino, though I'm having the proportions adjusted (a little too high for my taste...even if it is fake):



I do have one thing that I could check off my wish list though. This fabulous, fabulous 3D chandelier from Urban Outfitters!



I've been salivating over this since last year, when I saw it at a house we shot. I've asked my darling brother to order it for me, and he'll have it for me when he comes home for the Big Day! Oh, joy!

This beaut is reserved for my dressing room (i.e., one of the bedrooms, which I...er, I mean, we're converting). I wanted to paint the walls in chocolate brown, but due to budget constraints (again, the Big Day), it looks like we'll have to make do with one color for all the bedrooms. I have grand plans for my dressing room, you see. I intend to have the frame of an old, French-style mirror repainted, hang it over one of our old vanities, and pair the whole girly setup with a vunderful Louis Ghost Chair.



I'm hoping Future Hubby would give me this chair as a wedding gift. I'm not even hinting anymore--I've been utterly blatant about it and outright told him that I want it! But I did explain that this designer chair is part of a bigger plan. Once we have our dream house (which I'm hoping will look a lot like this dreamboat designed by Arthur Casas, located in Iporanga, Brazil...very Cullen-like, don't you think?)...






Drooool. Look at that gorgeous light filtering through the trees! Breathtaking!

...I want a long wooden dining table surrounded by Louis Ghosts. How kick-ass is that?

And ve vill rule ze vorld!


Click on photos for links

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger 文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

    The chandelier is soooooo cute! :DD
    And I would also love a house like this... I mean, who wouldn't...

    Mangangarap din ako! <3

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Lovely, isn't it? And it's reasonably priced! $36, plus the $12 cord kit...just $48. Not bad!

    Thanks for droppin' in!

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Frances said...

    Libra mangarap pero mahal patuparin ito! Pero masaya, laging masaya =D

     
  • At 1:36 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    The set of Louis Ghosts alone would cost a bundle. The fiance called me one day and excitedly said that he found the chair at a third of the original price. When he told me where, I knew right away it was a repro. Sigh. He wanted to buy a bunch na sana for our dining room. Haha.

    Dreeeeaaam, dream dream dream...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home