Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Friday, October 06, 2006

This morning, I saw this girl standing outside the mall. OK, so I didn't just "see," I actually looked. This happens every now and then when I see a beautiful girl, and it's not because of any lesbian tendencies (down, boys). When I see girls like these, I often wonder what it's like to be them. What's it like to be a headturner? To have people stare at you wherever go? To have girls hate you for the simple fact that you're hot?

~*~*~*~

I'm still not over it. Maybe that's why I haven't been in the mood to post anything lately. It's not because we lost to this particular school. It's because we lost, period (in spite of Kramer's and Intal's great season, and Escalona's spectacular last game. In spite of the fact that I cheered and yelled and swore like I was back in school--er, sans the exposed stomach or tiny skirt. In spite of the fact that we had Cheska Garcia on our side. Haha). Man, UST's fairy-tale season was just too damn perfect.

I could hear people going, "It's just a game." But I guess some people will just never get it. I became a cheerdancer for the love of dance, but along the way, I fell in love with basketball (which led to my getting interested in the NBA, and rediscovering PBA), and fell even more deeply in love with my school. I consider myself lucky to have been able to feel that kind of school spirit--watching a game a few weeks ago, a friend (who went to a small school not part of the UAAP or NCAA roster) remarked, "I feel like I missed out on something." I just smiled politely, but inside I believed that she did.

"Win or lose..." right? But it sure would've been great if we had won.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger Cathy said...

    i think iba talaga kapag naging part ka ng babble.. i loved admu way before i studied there.. and i fell in love even more after graduating.. win or lose talaga.. i am sooo proud of being an atenista

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    And to think my whole life I didn't even plan on going to Ateneo. Hehe. Game-time decision na lang! And I totally don't regret it.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home