Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Global warming, is that you?

Instead of joining a fun run, I ended up with a runny nose. Damn this weird weather--showers in early May? Extreme heat outside before I walk into a freezing office? Sigh.

My mom was iffy about my intention to join the 5K fun run Saturday morning, expressing her concern Friday night. "You're pushing your body too far," she said. I was in bad shape, with the beginnings of a cold, and I suppose the memory of my injured back a few weeks back was still in her head. All those hours at the gym and dance class were taking their toll. "Tapos may frisbee ka pa!" she tsk-tsked.

I brought it up while talking to H. "My mom doesn't think I should run tomorrow," I said as I blew my nose. "Maybe you shouldn't," he replied.

So that was that. I decided not to run. Next scene, my mom to H: "Buti sinabihan mo siya na huwag nang sumali bukas!"

I wonder if they were in cahoots the whole time?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Yes it is global warming. The freaky weather changes here and all over the world. Huhuhuhu.

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Damnit. Aside from drowning polar bears and an ozone layer studded with holes, I have a runny nose to worry about!

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    oh be sad to hear this.. sarah was making kwento something in relation to global warming... during high tide in bora... UMAABOT NA ANG WATER HANGGANG JONAH'S!!!! ANG LAYO NA NUN DEEBUHHZZ?? aaaahhhhh it's sad and scarreehhhh!!

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Mmmm Jonah's. (Parang mali ang focus ng comment ko. Haha.) I meant, gasp! That's horrible!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home