Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, May 05, 2008

I didn't expect to fall in love with Bangkok.

Will write a more detailed post soon, but for now, suffice it to say that I was surprised and utterly charmed by the city. I didn't expect much from a place my friends described as being "not pretty at all...it looks like Quiapo." But it's just been a few hours and I miss it already.

My top five Bangkok experiences:

1. Ditching the typical group tours and opting to take the train and boat en route to Wat Pho and the Grand Palace.
2. Seeing the fantastic malls--Manila's got nothing on 'em when it comes to malls, so I can't say that the Philippines is Mall Country.
3. Being amazed at just how polite everyone was.
4. The food, an entire experience unto itself--will write in my food blog about it.
5. Sharing the experience with H.

My top five worst experiences:

1. NAIA. Our airport sucks, I tell you. Plus the sungit people made me wish I were back in Bangkok!
2. Our delayed flight. I often say that I love traveling but I hate being in transit.
3. Stepping in a puddle of ick as I walked the Quiapo-like road from Platinum to Central World.
4. Bickering with H over the right route to take. Actually, I did the bickering coz I'm such a brat. I should've just shut up though coz I have the worst sense of direction, and he was like the Map Master.
5. That it had to end.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    i love bangkok! it's shopping haven!! =)

    so did you get us some WACCKKOOO? didn't get to text you pala last weekend about that... =P

    oh yeah, did you go to the freak show and the ... "you're beautiful... you're beautiful it's true..." bwahahaahahaha!

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I didn't know what style you wanted eh so I didn't get to buy you Wacckkooo.:s

    We just did a walk-through of "You're beautiful" street. Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home