Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fashion editors, unite!

I originally intended to have a dress made for this beach wedding I'm attending, but T&C's Rorie convinced me to just borrow a dress. "I have one--do you wear polka dots?" she asked. "Yes--pero hindi ako magkakasya sa damit mo! Mas mukha pa akong nanay sa 'yo!" I told her.

In any case, I began to see the merits of borrowing versus having something made, and asked the fashion eds to come to my rescue. As a result, I have bags and bags of stuff to choose from.

From MC's Pam:
- A beautiful one-shouldered number with a flowy skirt that looks like water. Problem is it's just way too long, even when I wear five-inch heels. "Just walk like this!" said Pam, swishing an imaginary skirt as she pretended to walk by the beach.
- A Grecian-style jersey dress that she said I could cut--it's got a hole (I hesitate to say keyhole because it's MUCH bigger than a mere keyhole) in front and it's backless, so it's quite sexy.
- A one-shouldered olive green dress with a rope belt. I have yet to try it on.
- A short, smocked, orange number.

From Seventeen's Cindy:
- The front-runner, a long cotton dress with a gorgeous brown and purple print. Pam calls it very boho, I think it's boho-slash-edgy (given that there's a little skull embroidered on it!).
I could wear it with gray wedges, then just change into flipflops on the beach.
- A white dress with gray polka dots and a striped gray sash.
- A super sexy pink and purple striped number that looks awesome, but which I would regret wearing after having something to eat.
P.S. I'm ecstatic that I could fit into Cindy's stuff!

From T&C's Rorie:
- That orange polka-dot dress. Really pretty, although I doubt that it would fit me.:(
- A black number that I don't think I could pull off.
- A lovely black, cream, and silver dress that I really wanna wear, just because it's Vivienne Tam!
- A pink dress that I have to try on first.

Tata also brought a cream-colored dress with all these colorful flowers (pretty, but not very flattering on me), and I found two other dresses on my desk, I'm guessing from Pam as well. Cosmo's Kat might bring stuff, too. Will have to do a fashion montage in my room tonight to finally figure out what to wear!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Ayan dami mo naman palang choices eh. Panic girl. Hehe. Relax, let the powers guide you. :P

    See you on Sat!

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Sandali... I'm suddenly feeling a wee bit panicky... Now I'm wondering about my dress... :S

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ano ka ba! Your dress sounds perfect! The perfect dress would have been the one I would have had my friend make. Alas, there is not enough time any more. Sigh. At magbabayad pa tayo for summer league!

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    hey tish what happened to your indian-inspired dress or something? wow daming choices ah... coming from the experts pa.. hehehe!

    yeah nga lei.. your dress sounds cool naman eh! go for the bronze sash thingee... wooohoo!!

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ah, I was referring to Lei's tube dress. Hehe. Indian-inspired? Huh? Sa'n galing 'yon? Hehe. My Indian friend was supposed to make the dress...

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    aaaahhhh hokay.... quite close... hehehhee!! i remember you were telling us that you got this cloth from india tapos you're gonna make some dress out of it or somethin... weeehhh ano ba toh!! hahahaha!! ah basta we'll see it on saturday..

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ahh. Fabulous 'yung tela na 'yon but it wasn't Indian-inspired. Galing lang sa India. Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home