Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, March 24, 2008

Clarity

Today, I had a moment of clarity in church, perhaps what people call an epiphany. It wasn't triggered by the priest's homily or anything--I was in the middle of my own thoughts as the choir sang, when it suddenly hit me: It is ridiculous to doubt in myself and my abilities, because I am a child of God, made in His image and likeness. To doubt myself is to doubt the power of the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent Lord. To doubt myself is to distrust my Creator.

I sincerely believe that it was the Spirit at work, and not merely my brain formulating a random thought. Today, I feel blessed that the Holy Spirit touched me, and whispered that I must put my complete trust in Him, my God who loves me and who wants me to be happy.

There's a short prayer in this little prayer book that I've had for years:

A PRAYER THAT SAYS EVERYTHING
Lord, You know all things,
You can do all things
and You love me very much

He loves me--and with God on my side, nothing is impossible. Never has this felt more true than today.

Happy Easter!:)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home