Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Sunday, December 07, 2008

I found my second home

It's not the trendy districts, the raw energy, or the fancy buildings that made me fall in love with New York the second time around. It was much simpler than that. Being with some of the people I love most in this world turned this busy, bustling place (and the quiet suburbs) into my second home.

Now, when I think of a place of comfort away from Manila, I think of New York, and all the people who care so deeply about me here. My relatives made sure I was extremely comfortable (even without my beloved Winnie and Elpi around!), and always made it a point that I was having a blast, was safe and well fed. Even on days when I was left alone, I found comfort in staying at their homes—maybe it was all in my head, but I felt that they left some of their love behind, making me feel content and secure despite my solitariness, as they all went off to work or to run errands. When I was tired of walking block upon block in the city, I thought of how lovely it would be to just go “home”--to have a quiet dinner and just watch TV with my relatives, to lie in a nice bed (or sofa) that had been thoughtfully prepared for me.

I really, truly heart New York. But more than that, I really, REALLY love my family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home