Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Had lunch with my old officemates today. A certain kulot (at least for today) friend told me that they really appreciate that I make an effort to keep in touch. And I half-jokingly said, "Of course! Otherwise you'd forget about me. Sniff."

Of course I'd make the effort. These are the girls whom I spent most of my days with for nearly three years, who understood my confusion (especially careerwise) because it was exactly what they were going through, who made me laugh on the most stressful, tear-inducing days just by being barok. I haven't known them as long as I've known a lot of my other friends, but strangely, I feel like we were all destined to find one another, brought together by this incredible loyalty and understanding and respect. They're soulmates in friend form.

It's been nearly a year, but I still miss them. I don't long to go back, but I can't help but feel that there's something lacking when I don't have anyone who's got my back day in and day out. They made me feel that way. They were always on my side. And loyalty and trust are two things I truly value. They send me loyalty vibes from afar, for sure. But it's not the same, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home