Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Prom night


The invite came with a box of chocolates by Chef Baba Ibazeta-Benedicto. How could I possibly say no to this?

It's been a while since I had an excuse to get all gussied up for something other than a wedding, so I was game to attend this Romance Revival Ball at Makati Shang last night. Was encouraged to bring a date, so of course I dragged H along. He was game, giving his trademark, "Ma-iba lang." (Famous last words...spoken while we were in Mag:Net some weeks ago for "dance night," which didn't offer much dancing for us but served up a, er, rather interesting performance.) When I got there, I found out that the couples were given little tables right along the center aisle, one couple per table! So when Mr. Pure Energy came out and did his thing, he actually went up to our table, shook our hands, and sang to us. (The eye contact was something H could've done without, I think. Haha.)

Food was awesome, will blog about that soon. Prizes for the night were dinners for two at these fancy places, as well as a few romantic getaways. Grand prize was a trip for two to Amanpulo! Sigh. But as these events go, it looks like the winner was rigged. Was kinda hoping for a dinner at least, so that we wouldn't have to spend on our upcoming anniv dinner. Haha. 'Tis the season to be broke!
Will upload more "prom pics" in my Multiply soon. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home