Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, November 20, 2006

While visiting a good friend at the hospital, I realized--we're getting old! The reason we were at the hospital was that our friend had just given birth (a super cute baby boy with loads of hair and gigil-worthy chubby cheeks); while we were there, the girls and I talked about the baptism and an upcoming wedding, and debated about the hospital's walls (was the paint sprayed on or rolled on? "It's wallpaper!" insisted one).

I couldn't believe we were talking about babies, weddings, and wall finishes! It's actually been 10 years since we were talking about prom dresses and stressing over whom to take.

In perhaps what was a futile attempt to defy the aging process, I agreed to go with True Friend to an event at Temple Saturday night. It was a DJ competition among Spin City students--all colege-age! When I got there, I felt even older. And Camyl and I (both former cheerdancers) lamented the fact that no one was really dancing--"Kung college lang tayo, inumpisahan na natin eh!" But since we were pretty much the old farts in that place, we knew our place and quietly sipped our drinks in one corner, opting instead to critique the music mix.

Two hours later, I found myself at the VIP room in Embassy.

Huh?

Those who know me best would've hit the brakes after reading that. Yes, I finally caved and went because 1) it was free, and 2) I just wanted to see what it was about, once and for all. I stayed for a grand total of 15 minutes. I think I would've preferred it if 1) H were there, so at least we could dance, and 2) I weren't in the VIP room. I'd rather hobnob with dem regular folk--my peeps. Haha.

The rest of the weekend was more "me"--I didn't have cooking class, so I got a bit of Christmas shopping done. (Note: It's great going to Greenhills at lunch time because everyone else is eating and you're free to roam the tiangge without much hassle--and Unimart doesn't have any lines! I'm actually quite pleased with how my Christmas shopping has been going; I've checked an impressive number off my list, if I do say so myself.) I also baked cookies after sooo long and discovered that, while the Chocolate Lover chocolate chips are OK, nothing beats the Nestle Toll House ones. Alas, I don't know where to find them anymore. Then there was dinner with the fam and doting over my nephew. And H driving for me and my parents!

I guess these things are more my speed now. And my scene is more Coffee Bean than VIP room. I do enjoy the occasional night out in the club, but at this stage, conversation wins. So, yeah, I'm not quite college-age anymore. But hey, that ain't such a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home