Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Illegitimi non carborundum

Was watching Miami Ink, one of the shows I'm totally obsessed with now, and a girl came in to have "Illgetimi non carborundum" tattooed on her lower back. It was a memorial tattoo, something her grandfather used to say to her. It's supposedly Latin for "Don't let the bastards grind you down." What an awesome saying. That's something I gotta learn to live by.

I realized lately that I have to try to be a more positive person. I noticed that I've been attracting a lot of negativity lately, and I thought it was what was causing me to react negatively. But it might very well be the other way around. So I've resolved to try to ditch the negative vibe and just take it easy. And when other people drive me nuts, I should just breathe in, breathe out, and not let dem bastards grind me down!

On a related note, this show is totally pushing me towards getting a tattoo. I've been thinking about getting one for years, but 1) I wasn't sure I really wanted it--it's forever after all, and 2) I didn't know what I wanted. But recently I figured out exactly what I want. So the only thing that's keeping me from doing it now is reason number one. If I had a chance to get it done at Miami Ink, I would get it done in a heartbeat!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    haha we really are on the same boat! but i still don't know what i want! never watched miami ink but i also wouldn't hesitate to have one done by those guys (and girl!). :D

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    The first time I watched it, parang OK lang. But after a few times, I got hooked! Kahit sino sa kanila gumawa, OK sa akin!

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Blogger Cathy said...

    Ako rin!! We don't have that channel, so when i was at Nico's, he made me watch it and i was like"okay lang..".. but now, when im there i wanna watch it! :)i love the colors of their tattoos.. ang vibrant! :)

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I've been trying to convince Hamil to get more tattoos. Hahaha. Ang galing nung artists! I'm tempted to get a myspace account just to be connected to Ami and Kat Von D. Haha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home