Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ultimate beach trip in photos

Who woulda thought that a week after the Ultimate beach trip, I would find myself in the office at 2:40 am? Damnit. And we've got a long way to go! I'm telling myself that if I blog about the trip, I'll at least bring some of those feel-good, beachy vibes back. But, after spewing out three articles in one evening, the last thing I want to do is to get creative with my writing. So I'm gonna take the easy way out this time.

We headed to Terrazas de Punta Fuego on Saturday morning, stopping over at Shell-Jollibee (I'm more of a Petron-McDo girl...maybe coz their bathrooms are air-conditioned! Haha), which was a mob scene. As I had breakfast outside, I took the first photo of the trip:


It's Dondi, one of the chief organizers of the trip, and Dino, our very own Silent Bob...though I discovered later on that he wasn't so quiet after all. We had four vehicles and 18 people in all, and I learned that it's a bitch trying to get everyone to move as a group--everyone's off doing their own thing, which causes all sorts of delays. But hey, the more the merrier!

Sarah, Dondi's fiancee/our trusty driver, tried her darndest to keep up with Gladys's driver, who must've been practicing for some sort of Batangas Grand Prix! Funny conversations during the trip:

Sarah: Chocolate sale na! Dondi, when will you buy me something from Chocolate?
Dino: Bonus na sa 16!
Sarah (to Dondi): Bonus na pala, wala kang sinasabi!
Dondi (to Dino): %$@#&! Ngayon ka na nga lang nagsalita!

~*~*~*~

Sarah: Honey, I wanna pass Gladys's driver! I wanna get back at him for leaving Macky behind!
Dondi: Wow, so you wanna get back at him for leaving Macky behind by...leaving Macky behind?

Hahaha.

We finally got to Terrazas in one, er, four pieces. We filled a tram...


Then hit the beach for a day of Ultimate (some "cool dudes" joined us. And one of them kept calling Gladys "Ate." Hahaha)...


And goofing around...





(Top) Mike tried to do a fake layout--which would've looked awesome had I not gotten the hand holding the disc in the frame. Hahaha.

We wouldn't fit into one room at Club Punta Fuego, so later that day, we all trekked to nearby Nicole Beach Resort (where we spent about two hours waiting for everyone to get his or her dinner! Hmmm, the service in these parts leaves much to be desired. We also waited a pretty long time for lunch at Munting Buhangin earlier, and at Carlos Pizza in Tagaytay the next day...which led to a furiously typed out, hunger-induced text message to H which went something like, "I sure hope you have good service at Gourmet's coz this is so damn frustrating!" Anyway, I'm over it.).

They spent the rest of the evening downing the bottles that the boys surreptitiously brought in through Terrazas...


Playing drinking games (I was saling-pusa) and charades (the girls won. Hwehwe)...



(Top) Ross, one of two MC3 people with us during the trip. Awww. (Above) Macky was given Wicker Park. His ingenious way of acting it out was to make a "W" and a "P" using his hands! (Dude, it's charades, not a spelling bee. Haha. Although mejo wala na siya sa sarili at this point...)

And since I don't really drink and thus had nothing to do, I took a few of these...


After the drinks were gone, and people passed out one by one, a few of us headed to the beach to stargaze and talk. At least, that was our intention. More than half dozed off.


Later on, Vima, Mel, Macky (refreshed after taking a power nap), and I woke the remaining people on the beach up and had them go back to the resort. We spent about an hour listening to Reymund and his quotable quotes, e.g., "I'm a cutie pie!"

Mel and Vima, two of the last ones standing at about 4:30 in the morning.

We finally decided to turn in. I ended up on the floor in the room with one fan (drat), where I got snacked on by a swarm of mosquitoes (my legs were not a pretty sight the next day), and where I almost got stepped on by Reymund, who rushed out at 5:30 am to throw up on some plants. Haha.

I got up a couple of hours later, took a walk with Dino (who was--surprise!--quite madaldal), and took photos of Boss AMP as he practiced for his Frisbee session with the wife later that day...


And then we were off...


Sigh. I wish we could do this every weekend.

More, more, more photos in my multiply.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    beach!!!!!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I knoooow!!!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    And who kept calling me "Ate Gladys!"?? I didn't hear that ah... Naku.. naku.. naku!! Malaking pagkakamali iyan... Don't they know that I'm only 20 years old?? Tsk tsk... Hehehehehe!!

    Yuuuhhhh.... bring me back to the beach!!

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    One of those dudes that joined us. Natatawa nga ako kasi hindi mo pinapansin even though he was open. Hahaha.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    And he just called you "Ate," I'm assuming coz he didn't know your name. Hehe.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    do you have the resort's contact number? planning to go there also. please email me marc_lorenzo24@yahoo.com. many thanks!

     
  • At 8:48 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Hey Marc, I e-mailed you yesterday. Anyhoo, do you mean Terrazas or Nicole? For Terrazas, you'll need a member (gladzalwayshappy served as our gate pass! Hehe).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home