Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm tired of this When Harry Met Sally bullcrap.

I'm tired of people thinking that I can't possibly be just friends with a person of the opposite sex. I don't understand why people automatically assume that whenever I have a new guy friend, one of us (most of the time, they assume it's the guy for some reason) is bound to like the other in a romantic way. Can't people take the malice out of it and just believe that there is such a thing as a platonic relationship? Can't two individuals who get along splendidly be viewed, not as male and female, but simply as people?

It's possible for two people to connect without being attracted to each other. I've done it. Many times over. It just sucks that no one seems to believe me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home