Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, June 04, 2007

Late bloomer

I finally understand why people drink.

I never really developed a taste for alcohol, and I never really enjoyed the feeling of having had a bit too much of it. Plus I developed those blasted allergies a few years ago (itching, rashes, really bad headaches, palpitations...), so I would normally just sit in the sidelines and laugh as my friends got sloshed. And then I would clean up after everyone.

But last week, something weird happened. At 12:30 am on Sunday, I had this intense urge to go out and just drink. I was texting friends who were either a) too tamad to go all the way from Paranaque to pick me up, or b) game to pick me up, but not game to drink! So I decided to just stay home and sleep it off. (I had the option to drink at home, but I figured drinking alone was a bit too AA.)

It was this whole moving out business. There were just too many things going through my head, and I just wanted to forget.

I talked to my psychic friend about it. I normally don't ask this person to read me, because I would rather not know, but I was so confused about the prospect of moving out that I needed any form of guidance I could get. "It's not just the moving out that's confusing you," she said. "It's making you think about all other aspects of your life. You know this move is going to change you. You have this whole perfect life planned out, and if you move, there's a chance that it won't happen."

Tuesday night, I met up with the rest of FAKE to watch a play. Afterwards, I invited them all to go out for just one drink. True Friend was so tired and Ads had work to do, but they all agreed because I never ever do the inviting. Ever. And after I had one martini on an empty stomach, they understood why I've been off the alcohol all this time. My tolerance was at an all-time low. And I got an all-new after-effect: difficulty breathing!

Fast forward to Friday night. There I was at an event with H and Miguel, where the drinks were free-flowing. H's discovery: Champagne is my drink of choice. The next day, Miguel asked, "Nakailan ka? I was surprised. Every time the waiter offered a refill, you would say yes!" Uh, I was surpised myself. Haha. I was fine, until an hour later--there I was standing against a lamp post near the parking area, as H ran to get me a bottle of water. My world was spinning. I knew exactly what was happening. The only difference was I didn't care. About anything.

What a glorious feeling.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    yay! so next time, someone must bring champagne. :)

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Hahahaha. Mukhang malabo yon. Hehe. And wala nang maglilinis!

     
  • At 1:34 AM , Blogger decorator said...

    bwahahahahhahahahhaha!!!


    i have to say, welcome to the club.

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    onga noh?? no more surrogate mommy for bangag people... hehehehe!

    champagne?? so chichi ah!! hehehe!! hanggang novelino lang level namin... hehehe joke! best champagne in the world... moet!! yyuuummm...

    since you're at that path already... (hehhehehe) go for fruity/leafy drinks nalang... low naman the alcohol content eh and you'll taste the fruit/leaves more... pina colada, mojitos (yun palang naiisip ko at this moment)... yummmmm...

    in a nutshell, puwede ka na pala mayaya uminom!! woohoo!!

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Tara, inom tayo.

    Hahaha.

     
  • At 12:28 AM , Blogger margaret jade said...

    chums... just call and game na... inom tayo!

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Chums! I miss you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home