Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New look

I got a haircut and people seem to really like it. Even guys have been responding, and it's weird coz I've always thought guys never notice when a girl changes her hair.

I've been wanting to get bangs since last year, but I either didn't have time or extra cash to spend on a new look. I finally made time, and after deciding that I wasn't gonna move out, discovered that I did have extra cash (it's amazing how you realize how much money you actually have if you don't have to pay rent!). Other stylists told me before that I couldn't have bangs because my hair was too thin, so I ran to my almost-roomie/beauty guru Marie, who referred me to a stylist who could work wonders with my hair...within my budget.

So I set an appointment with Mr. Rene Vizmanos, who listened to what I wanted (with matching show-and-tell pegs) and gave his own input. I put the fate of my hair in his able hands, and he worked his magic. I was a little worried at first because it seemed like he snipped off A LOT of hair, but after a while, I relaxed. (My hair had gotten incredibly long after all. Plus I'm never worried for long when it comes to haircuts because, no matter what cut I end up with, it will grow back.) After the blowout, they were like, "Ganyan ang buhok ng mga nasa Desperate Housewives!" Er, it wasn't my objective to look like I was from Wisteria Lane, but hey, they have sexy hair, so I'll take it!

I was a little nervous about how H would react. He had never seen me with bangs. Come to think of it, I'd never seen me with bangs! The verdict? He thought it was hot. "It's like having a new girlfriend," he said. To which I replied, "The old me is jealous."

I am so lovin' this hair. I just hope I can maintain it!

Ready for your own new look? Go see Rene Vizmanos at J 23 Salon and Spa, 89 Timog Ave., QC (beside Pan de Manila), tel. (02) 425-1190.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    sometimes i wish i can just go to a stylist and tell him/her to do whatever he/she wants with my hair. i'm not that brave, though. :P

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    @tish - make a meez with the farrah fawcett hair!!!

    @lei - oh be brave little one... (so kanta itoww... hehehe!!) you can do it!! go and exclaim to the stylist that he/she can do whatever with your hair... =)

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger CaseyCakes said...

    hi! i'm KC..been frequenting your blog for sometime now.. :) me dunno why but i like your posts.. as for this one, i hope you posted a picture of ur new look, i'm sure it looks great!

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Blogger moonpool said...

    I've never found the right stylist. Hmph. I want a new hairstyle too. Been planning to get a cut for some time now. Nuninu...

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ric and Lei, go to Rene!:) My friend was also recommending a really good Japanese hairstylist--a bit pricey nga lang.

    Glad, what does "make a meez" mean? Clueless, grabe.

    kcness, will be posting pics soon! Just got back from a trip abroad and have loads of pics. Haha. It's funny people don't recognize me coz of my hair, plus I have a tan. Haha.

     
  • At 10:58 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Glad! Naalala ko lang kung ano 'yung meez! Now it makes sense! Haha.

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    ric! let's go get haircuts! lol. i am forever dissatisfied with my hair. :P

    naiintriga na ko sa farrah fawcett hair mo, tish. :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home