Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A good weekend

I realized that I like it when we have games on Saturday instead of Sunday, because I need the next day to recover. Often, I find myself dragging my aching body to work come Monday!

There was none of that yesterday. Both our summer league games were held on Sat--and even though we didn't win (and, in effect, ended our glorious winning streak), we still had fun! Let us not forget--this is the Warriors' primary objective!



After our own games, we watched an awesome Pool A game, before claiming an unused field and playing 10-on-10. It was absolute madness--with so many players, you couldn't tell who your teammates were (especially if you were drunk. Ahaha). I discovered what grass stains were, and managed to tear a hole into my jeans (now I've got me a distressed pair. Must buy new jeans). BUT I had such an awesome time! A couple of times, I actually just collapsed on the field in laughter (di ba, Gladys? Nice pass to Lawee Boy! Hahaha).

We then headed to Congo Grille, where we chowed down on our free crispy pata, as well as sisig and all the other bad stuff you could think of. I particularly liked the sisig--nice and crunchy. (As H said, I am not a fan of "authentic sisig"--the chewy kind.) It was cool just hanging out with the team, and great fun seeing some people--who shall remain unnamed--rather inebriated. (Di ba, Lei? Hahaha.)

Then I headed home and, even though all I wanted to do was stay in bed with my big fat book, had to get ready for a night out. First stop: The Penthouse at Tektite where Jun had a thanksgiving dinner to celebrate his passing the bar exam! Woohoo! Good job, dude!

Second stop: Hai for after-dinner drinks for BFF Chingy's birthday. Met some new people, and had a couple of drinks which surprisingly didn't affect me at all. Malibu pineapple, I love you!



Final stop: At 2:30 in the morning, we ended up at Piedra. Last time I was there at that hour, the place was packed. This time, there was lots of space to move around...people must've been at the beach, soaking up the...rain. I didn't dance much though--the heels weren't made for dancing, plus I had to take care of a certain friend who had a bit too much to drink. Nooneenoo.

Next day, I woke up early, but Hamil didn't, so our plan to go to mass at Gesu didn't push through. But it was cool just chillin' with him the whole day--it was just what I needed to recharge.

If I had been able to spend time with the family, it woulda been a perfect weekend. But as it was, it was pretty awesome.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Huh? Wha? Inebriated?? Who??? Next time I'll leave the red wine at home and bring Malibu pineapple for you. Hala hindi ka na tinatamaan! Whee!

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Hahaha. I know! It's our little secret. Tee-hee.

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    hhhhmmm lei lei lei... is this the destiny you've been raving ever since?? hahahahahaha!!

    lawee boy is so bhhaaaddddd... huhuhuhu... in fairness laugh trip...

    btw the best yung tequila rose mo!! =)

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ay! Si Yelle nagdala nung Tequila Rose. Hehe. But yes, it was delish.:)

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    yaaak may natira pa pala nun sa aking sporty water bottle.. i just shoved it in the ref when i got home last sat... sira na kaya yun? hahaha.

    glads, what destiny? destiny ko maging inebriated? but why, glads, why??

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home