Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Monsoon Madness 2008: Day 3

A picture paints a thousand words. So let this baby do the talkin'...


Photo c/o Cel

Well, OK, to better appreciate this magical moment, you have to know about the events leading up to it.

This happened after Game 1, Ultimate Warriors versus Monster 2. This day, we weren't really expecting to win any of our games. We didn't know how we would do versus Monster, which had beaten us by universal point (en route to the Pool B championship) during Summer League.

I was proud of the Warriors for being so patient, for swinging to break the cup, rather than forcing the huck. At the last point, the game was tied, and I was again on the field. I watched as Mundz was trapped in a cup near the corner of Monster's end zone, before he threw a Hail-Mary huck. I watched as it curved out of bounds, and winced as I saw it avoid branches and leaves. I willed with all my might for it to bend...and bend it did into Mina's waiting hands! Warriors (myself included) ran to the nearly defender-less end zone. It was three short passes before Jaguar PO scored the final point. Universal point. Warriors win! Warriors win! I again collapsed onto the ground out of exhaustion and relief. Happiness!

After some rest, we prepared ourselves for Game 2 versus Summer League Pool B champs BC. We weren't expecting to win--this was a team that beat us with just four players against our seven! Homayged. "Ang pag-asa lang natin kung may party sila the night before," people said. "Pero kahit kulang sila, panalo pa rin eh!"

But, man, the Warriors stepped up. And how!

Blocks, dives (including Enteng's layout to save a disc), spectacular scores (including Mina's one-hand catch to tie the game)--the Warriors scored the first point, kept scoring, were neck-and-neck with the top-seeded BC. We were down two, but caught up to them 9-9 before last point was called.

On our possession, El Capitan passed to a waiting Lawee Boy, who again scored the universal point! Totoo ba ito? Warriors win? WARRIORS WIN! (And H drove all the way from QC to witness it! To think I told him, "Papano'rin mo 'yung game against BC? Tatambakan lang kami nu'n!")

Win or lose, we always enjoy playing with this team. But on this day, I must admit it felt good to win. Damn good.


Warriors rejoicing and running to Lawee, who made yet another game-winning point

Game 3 versus Ultimate Weekend Karma...what can I say? It was a bad-juju game. We were all just tired, and affected by negative vibes. We lost by 2. I wasn't playing during the final point, so I therefore conclude that I have to be in there for the final point for the Warriors to win. Haha. Sigh. Bad game, but it didn't stop us from celebrating being 6-3, and playing two great games earlier in the day.

In other news...

People kept picking on me for wearing "hip-hop shorts." They weren't used to me in this getup.


Photo c/o Cel

Respect the shorts, dawg!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think the winning goal during the Monster game was by Jaguar PO. but it's not important who scored, what's important is I made the pass. ahehehe. mali pala. we won! that's the important thing. we won! we won! yehey! this coming from someone who always says no pressure daw to win. =P

     
  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks, El Capitan!

    Let's win this ish tomorrow!

    No pressure. Ahahaha.

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Ah yeah it was Jaguar PO. Napaupo pa siya when he caught it. :)

    Yay tapos na Monsoon. When's the next one? :P

    Where is my very important after party picture? Ipapa-frame ko na. LOL.

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Leahloo, I sent you your "Fans Day at Glorietta" picture na! Ahluvet!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home