Street but Sweet


Friday, September 05, 2008

Nang dahil sa popcorn

So we had a fire drill at the office, and it wasn't even scheduled by the admin.

The fire alarm went off, and we didn't know what it was for. We heard the robotic voice say, "An emergency has been reported." It told us to evacuate. So some of us boldly went where no one had gone before, pushing the emergency exit open, and making our way down seven flights of stairs. Thank gawd I was in comfy heels.

When we got to the lower ground floor, we were told it was some sort of mistake. We went back up (using the elevator this time), and were told that some person on the floor above ours left some popcorn for too long in the microwave, triggering the fire alarm! Geez.

Hey, at least now I know where to go in case of a real emergency. I wouldn't wait around to check if there was really a fire--I would just go once that alarm goes off. Never mind that part of me feels like I've just been punk'd.

(Although, since I'm not a celeb, it was probably just Wow Mali.)


  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    hey tish i tagged you here...

    if you're just bored enough to do it....

  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger moonpool said...

    I know someone who accidentally set off the alarm because of popcorn too! But that happened a long time ago, so I'm sure it wasn't her. Hehe.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home