Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spider-Man

So I've got a new nickname.



This grainy pic is brought to you by Ninjacq. (Can you say, "Super Camera Zoom, Activate"?)

I am nowhere near the skill level of the pros, but I think I'm progressing nicely. I take pride in the fact that I've finished walls that some guys haven't finished. Haha. (Sorry boys, it's not a diss!) I'm happy I successfully climbed wall 4 again (Lei, I only fell once. And no dancing this time!), and even happier that I got to climb the wall pictured above. I looove the feeling of conquering a wall, and overcoming the pain and exhaustion.

Must give props to Roaches "MVP" Ruel, who coached me when I got to the hard part. Hearing the instructions he hollered from below, I learned a bit about twisting, and using rocks I otherwise would have dismissed, and resting against a corner. I finally understood why people use chalk though. Some of the rocks were so hard to grasp coz my hands were a bit sweaty.

I was touched to hear people cheering from below--it's cool having people who want you to finish that wall, supporting you, rah-rah-rah-ing away as you painstakingly make your way to the top. As I tapped the top of the wall and wiped the sweat dripping from my brow (and neck and back...), a sense of fulfillment just washed over me. Mike's quotable quote: "Tamo 'tong si Tisha, wala na ngang kalaban, competitive pa rin!" What can I say? I ain't no quitter!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Good job, Tishie. Good job. :P

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Thank you! Leahleur, join us next time! In your short shorts.:) (Although the recipient of your seductress moves is leaving na I think...)

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Ay oo nga noh! Drats. Nasa hat pa ba sya on Sat? Hehehe.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Aba! New profile pic! Hehe. Yup, he'll be there.:) Go short shorts!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger wysgal said...

    Wow rock climbing. Now I feel like going too ...

     
  • At 11:21 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Go go go!:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home