Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recently, a friend asked me, "How do you know when the person that you're with is The One?"

All I could answer at that moment was, "You just know." And I mentioned something about remembering that exact moment when I knew. And, because we had just had a discussion about the metaphysical and the freedom of choice, I added, "Again, it's a choice."

Said friend most likely will not read this, but I think the question deserves a better answer.

I "just know" because seeing him is the best part of my day.

I know because being with him--even just having him napping on the sofa as I type away on my laptop--gives me immense comfort.

I know because he brings out the best in me, and sees the best in me. ("You look good," he told me earlier, while I sat there, confused--I was wearing sweatpants, my hair was in my pambahay banana clip, and my freshly scrubbed face was completely makeup-free.)

I know because the thought of "forever" doesn't scare me anymore.

I know because everything is better with him around.

I know because, even after eight years, I still can't wait to see him.

I know because it feels right. In fact, it's the right-est it could feel!

I know because...well, just because.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awww, sweet... what you said it really describes THAT feeling... Love truly is the most wonderful thing... :-)

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Indeed it is!:)

     
  • At 1:35 AM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    Aawwwwww.... Parang sine ah while reading this... =P

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Haha. It's my own little fairy tale. Or cheesy rom-com!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home