Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The honeymooners

When H and I talk about our honeymoon, we normally consider beaches abroad. We both love the beach (although my feelings for it have somewhat diminished, considering I have a perpetual tan now), plus we're both raring to leave the country for a bit again. A local honeymoon wasn't even on our list, until we found out that there's a chance--however slight--that we could possibly spend three blissful days in...Amanpulo!



It wasn't something I ever considered because...well, the rates are kind of...let's say prohibitive for third-world wage earners! (Mikey's answer to that: "Magbenta lang ng isang kabayo si haciendero, pwede na!" Haha.) I don't even have friends who've been there, and have only heard of urban legends of girls getting proposed to by their loaded boyfriends there. Up until yesterday, the place was as real to me as Rivendell. But now, my skin is tingling just thinking about being caressed by Amanpulo sun.

For those who haven't been introduced to the luxurious world of Aman Resorts, they're, like, the ish yo, and there's one right in Palawan. Accessible, geography-wise--but budget-wise? Hmmm. I was weighing whether I would still prefer a honeymoon abroad or one at Amanpulo--the cost would pretty much come out the same. But after seeing this...



And this...



And this...



And this...



And this...



...I'm all for supporting Ace Durano's WOW Philippines initiatives. Suddenly my upcoming Bora trip isn't quite as exciting. And suddenly, a local honeymoon sounds much, much more enticing.

All photos from here.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    oh yes you can dream...
    how much is a night there nowadays?
    it's soooooo expensive diba?

    but gosh, those photos are breathtaking!

    will cross my fingers with you, for support! :P

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    It's at least $750/night (depending on the casita/villa and season), and this doesn't include transpo expenses yet. The five-day romance package (exclusive of transpo) is about $7000. But damn, we could go to Europe for a couple of weeks for that amount. Haha.

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    daym!!!!!!!!!!! europe nlang!

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger moonpool said...

    Sana I get to step on those shores someday... LOL.

    My sister was lucky enough to have had a seminar in one of the Aman Resorts a looong time ago... Really nice daw...

    My poor brother-in-law went to Amanpulo, but unfortunately he just flew someone there (he's a pilot) - tapos he had to go back na... SAD...

    I remember Lorie telling me something before about her sister being offered a job in Amanpulo? I'm not sure if it was Amanpulo... Kaso your family can only visit you once or twice a year? Something weird like that... :S

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Frances said...

    If you want to have lazy sex and impeccable service, do Amanpulo. If you want culture and to learn new things, do Europe. We did Europe and I loved it! While Vince also enjoyed the museums and parades and the theater, he also just wanted to have sex all day so I think he would have preferred the beach. Unfortunately for him, I am not a beach person!

    So all-day sex or centuries-old culture? =D

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    take the beach option! you can do europe another time!

    hmm... but europe... how niiiice..

    europe na lang. :P

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Been to Europe but not with H. And the only reason we could probably afford Aman is...it's kind of a long story!

    I dunno, we'll see! We'll probly end up goin' to some beach in Asia. Haha. We've talked about going to Europe on our second honeymoon instead.

    And Frances, I believe I can have it all! Hahaha.

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was assigned on an audit job and spent about a week in Amanpulo. They used to have discounted prices for Filipinos. Not sure if meron pa.

    And if you choose to go, you should definitely get the beachfront casitas. Super worth it yun. You'll have your own little strip of beach and you dont have to worry about your neighbors in case you want to go "stargazing". =)

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I take it you quite enjoyed "stargazing" yourself? Haha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home