Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, April 17, 2006

"Jesus is a rock..."

"...and he rolls my blues away..."

This ditty was playing over and over in my head all Holy Weekend long, even though I hadn't heard it since grade school (or was it early high school?). It's this blues-y tune that a CL teacher taught us years ago in class, complete with "Babashoobap, shoobap, whoo!" I can't figure out how it found its way into my head after so many years, but now that I think about it, it so aptly reflects how I currently feel.

I had every reason to keep on feeling grumpy--having to pay taxes that I didn't expect to have to pay (looong story. My accountant-for-life can explain it. Haha), being treated unfairly (another looong story, but I've just let it go!), waiting in line, waiting in the wrong line, having to commute back home and back to work again in the scorching heat... Getting a paper cut was the last straw! Aargh. I couldn't stand it anymore so I just...laughed.

I surprised myself. I would normally be wallowing in a few hours' worth of self-pity after a Murphy's Law-ish Monday morning (and a very stressful week last week), but instead, I found myself in a fairly good mood. A while later, I was walking back to the office, marveling at my uncharacteristic cheerfulness when it suddenly hit me: I was happy. I am happy. And I realized that things didn't need to be perfect for me to be happy.

I don't know what brought this about. I don't mean to be preachy or anything, I just want to let my friends know what's up. I think it's because I feel like I'm back on track. I think I kind of lost my way for a while, but I found Him again. Or maybe, most likely, He found me. I don't know if it's some sort of Holy Week holiness residue. I'm hoping not. But I just realized again how much I love Jesus. And He loves me. In fact, He loves me to death.

Happy Easter, everyone.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home