Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kitchen-spiration

So, my wedding theme will kind of be based on...


Taken from domino, December/January 2009 (one of my fave foreign magazines, which, incidentally, is folding. Sigh)

A kitchen, of all things! Inspiration comes from the weirdest places. I've come up with an inspiration board, but I'd rather not post it. Let's just say it's kind of urban chic, inspired by my beloved domino mag. (Oh, it will be missed!)

As of last count, five people at my office are engaged. Two of us--M and I--had lunch together and started talking about weddings. I kind of try to avoid the subject when I'm with a non-bride, because I feel that it's not exactly an exciting topic for them, and I don't wanna put 'em through the misery of having to listen to me. There are other things going on in the world!

It was great talking to M coz, well, she's a whole different level of wedding-averse! It was refreshing talking to someone who could care less about the wedding video, and who wrinkled her nose at the thought of a pre-nup photo shoot. (No offense to brides who fall into that other category... It's just...not my style.) We complained about ballooning guest lists and how this whole wedding thing has become so commercial and, sometimes, cheesy. We chuckled over how mothers, bless them, really can't help but get involved. We also kind of compared notes about wedding gowns. (I still have no idea who's doing mine. Although the two of us did spend one morning trying on wedding gowns that were stored in the prop room! Haha.)

So yeah, I'm saying no to starry-eyed pre-nup pics, that pricey on-site video, the ubiquitous photo booth. But M? She's doing me one better and flying to Tuscany to get hitched! Sigh.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    i liked joyce jimenez's post-nup photos. i think i saw it in yes magazine or something. wala lang. sharing. :)

     
  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Uy. Mahanap nga. Hahaha.

     
  • At 8:24 PM , Blogger Frances said...

    hahaha, me too. walang pre-nup pictures nonsense. my brother and his wife had two!

    my motif was inspired by a chocolate cake and my pink notebook that was right beside it. inspiration is everywhere!

    let's have lunch! i'm no longer a bride but, unlike before, i love hearing about other brides' stories.

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Ooh! OK, let's!:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home