Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

May highlights

Nearly half the year has gone by. I don't frickin' believe it. I'm still getting used to the idea that it's 2008, but it's just zooming by! Sigh. Slow down, Father Time! What's your hurry?

So here I go again with another list of awesome experiences for the month:
  • Going to Bangkok with H. In fact, this makes it to my list of most awesome experiences of all time. (Hmm. Must blog about the rest of the trip...)
  • Moving up from 16th place at the start of Summer League to 12th at the end of it! A jump of four spots--not bad! The Warriors are improving, and I'm loving my team even more. We actually came so, so close to competing in the Pool B finals--this after being classified as a Pool C team at the start! Alas, we lost by one point--a universal point at that--and our slot in the finals. It was arguably the best game we played though. (Or, shall I say "they"? I was having bad games that day. I played well the third game, but by then, the others had pretty much lost the will to play.)
  • Partying with the Warriors at the Summer League Party! It was crazy, crazy, crazy fun--with "gang-bang Gladys part 2," "gang-bang Greg" (which included Jaguar Paw. Hahaha), and hanging out with our new teammates (Ena and Jane even followed after going to pyro!). Everyone was dancing, and Mike got a few people drunk. Hehe.

Scenes from the Summer League 08 party (a couple of pics stolen from gladzalwayshappy)

Ran into Vinnie there, and he was looking for H. "It's a mistake for a boyfriend to let a pretty girl like you go alone to a party like this," he remarked. It was all a joke at the start, but later that night, I understood what he meant! This dude from a team we played against earlier asked Mike to introduce him to me. (Mike!!!) Earlier that day, after our game, he told me, "Ang galing mo!" and I was wondering why he said that coz I played so badly. Nye! Biased. Haha.

Let's see what June's got in store...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Whee part-ay!!! Ang saya!! :) Nabenta na naman si Tish!! Hahaha.

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    may has been a great month as well... despite the challenges, you guys have been there and constantly bringing happiness in my life... nnaaxxx nose bleed!! hahahaha!!

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    At si Mike ang bugaw! Leche. Anyhoo, we missed you, Leahloo!

    Gladz, seryoso ah. Dala ba ng destiny 'yan? Hahaha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home