Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Sunday, October 04, 2009

The first month...

...is a lot like being on vacation.



The first in our series of mini-honeymoons (here), since we can't seem to go on our Real Honeymoon just yet.

You know how, when you go out of town, you don't quite know where to put all your stuff, and you keep thinking you left some important things back home? You can't grab that moisturizer or that shirt from its usual place, you have to figure out where to plug in your hairdryer, you don't seem to know what's happening back home for lack of a local newspaper (or, in our case for a couple of weeks, a TV or a radio!).

That's kind of what it feels like to move in with someone.

But you know that totally relaxed feeling you get when you're on vacation mode--when you're just filled with happy thoughts? Everything's a great big adventure, and you're just raring to see what happens next. You go to bed every night, cherishing the precious hours you have with the love of your life, and wake up the next morning, thrilled--and totally at peace--to see him sleeping beside you.

That's what it feels like to be newly married.

We're still settling into the New Normal. I have to wake up relatively early now to cook H breakfast, and people everywhere--H's friends, my mom's househelper Winnie (and my default yaya for years), my teammates, my mother!--find it utterly hilarious and quite unbelievable that I now do chores. I've pretty much unpacked everything there is to unpack, and we're slowly putting together things to make the house much more functional and pretty. I'm still trying to figure out the whole gym schedule, since I no longer have trusty Lolito to drive me. And while we're on the topic of driving--my husband enrolled me in driving school! I spent three hours one afternoon, stressed out in Espana traffic.

A lot of adjustments, and the whole packing and unpacking and finding-a-place-for-everything wasn't very pleasant. But on the whole, I am love love loving being married!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Crickitewww!

    Hirap naman i-spell. I'll demo it for you next time. :P

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I was gonna ask you to demo it tonight, but I am the loser who couldn't make it to training.:(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home