Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jane Austen in Beverly Hills

So, I didn't know that this movie (a modern classic)...



...was actually based on:



So who's clueless now?

Forgive me, I wasn't a big reader of the classics when I was younger, but now I try to alternate between classic and contemporary works. After I saw and read Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's works quickly made it onto my reading list. I thought it would be better to see the movie (if there was one) before reading any of her books because I found that it gave me a better appreciation and understanding of the prose. But seeing as there was no Emma DVD on hand, I just decided to plunge into it and hoped I wouldn't get lost in the language.

The deeper I got into the book, the more I realized that it was a lot like one of my 90s favorites. And true enough, I only recently learned that Clueless really was loosely based on Emma—so I have seen it after all!

And that is what you call huli sa balita! Nearly 15 years too late!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    i love pride and prejudice... but i never knew that! let me join you in the "huli sa balita" jeep!

    hahaha! ill read emma nga!

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I started Sense and Sensibility ages ago but had a hard time getting through the start. I should watch the movie first!

     
  • At 12:05 AM , Blogger CaseyCakes said...

    funny im into some jane austen's work also lately..same book Pride & Prejudice..bec i wanna know why i always see Mr Darcy in contemporary books..after understanding, i then got obssessed on some of the movie clips in youtube (the one with keira knightley :)..haha!

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I could watch that movie over and over. Matthew Macfadyen is love.:) I wanna see the BBC version with Colin Firth. Hehe

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    the BBC one is beautiful! we used to have it... but i dunno na where... :(

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Download lang ang katapat. Hehe. Yeah, I heard it's really nice. But I quite like the casting in the movie version.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home