Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh, Christmas tree!

I haven't been able to blog about November, The Month I Got Some Awesome Free Stuff. One of the things I got was a free Christmas tree! I fully intended to make a 2-D tree using foam board, but I wasn't about to say no to a real fake tree!



Thanks to my sister-in-law's sister, Ann! The back story: She wanted to change her tree's decorations, but the ones she wanted didn't suit her existing tree, so her husband surprised her with a new one. Hence, extra tree!

Hamil walked in one night and chuckled as he saw my little surprise. It was bare for about two weeks, but today, I finally dressed it up. Doing research for work, I checked out this wholesale store called Unique (as recommended by Ann), which supposedly had cheap decorations--I'm not sure how the prices compare to regular department store prices, but my one grand does look like it went a long way. Yeah, so I got some shopping done while working.

I asked my husband if he preferred traditional Christmas balls, but he entrusted our tree's look to me. I opted for baby blue poinsettias--I thought they would look quite purty against the dark green tree, which in turn stands against our apple green accent wall. I was thinking of going for a silver garland made up of beads, but got an idea from one warehouse-like room at Unique. I saw wide, stiff ribbons running down the length of a tree-for-sale, and thought it would look cute with the flowers. I tried it out on one of the trees before making my purchase.

When we got home after our run, I set to work on the tree. I peppered the tree with the flowers, created bows out of the ribbon, and draped the ends across the leaves. And my husband approves! Yay! All we need now are a star to top it and some lights.

P.S.
Doesn't the hot pink gift offset the baby blue nicely? The thin blue ribbon kind of ties it all together. Love.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger moonpool said...

    Cute! My dad still won't change our christmas tree which is as old as me. LOL! It barely stands up on its own. Hihi.

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Wow, that's some solid tree! Haha. Kinda reminds me of A Charlie Brown Christmas. I'm sure your dad keeps it for senti reasons.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home