Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The night that I was John, Paul, George, and Ringo

...and Anthony Kiedis, Alanis, and Deborah Harry!



I was also Offspring's drummer because I insisted on playing "Come Out and Play" even if no one else knew the song! Haha.

As you can see, I have finally discovered the wonders of Rock Band. I'm a little late to the Rock Band party, I know. But last Friday, I was lucky enough to be invited by OK! Mag to join their Rock Band Night at Frances's place. Woohoo! It was just the kind of night I wanted--prior to the invite, I was either a) going to stay home and feel all alone and loser-y because the husband had a Christmas party, or b) heading to Encore with some friends--a gimmick I really wasn't up for, but which I thought kind of beat staying home feeling all loser-y. So, thank you OK! and Coni!

It was my first time to see Frances and Vince's fabulous place, er, live. I had previously only seen it in pictures (in my mag! But I wasn't at the shoot), so it kind of felt like I was seeing a celebrity in person. Haha. A few photos:




(Top) Vince, super husband that he is, gave Frances a hot pink Christmas tree. It stands near the window which offers an awesome view from their unit. (Above) Their dining room. Note the dreamy Louis Ghost mixed in with the other dining chairs.

I tried my hand at the guitar (I sucked), vocals (super fun, kind of tiring, especially if you're doing "Give It Away" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers!), and the drums (my specialty. I used to kind of play the drums. Kind of). While my vocals weren't bad, my bandmates inexplicably failed whenever I had the mic in my hand! Oh well.


Cosmo's Red looked uber cute rockin' out.

After a pizza dinner and some songs on Rock Band 2, we switched to Beatles Rock Band. Nice! I never realized that there were so many Beatles songs that I didn't even know! I kept singing "Here Comes the Sun" the following day!


(Clockwise from left) Lana, Frances, Red, Coni, and Elaine

'Til the next Rock Band Night! Can it be soon? Please?

5 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Jai said...

    Rockband is awesome! But I can only play the guitar, di ko kaya ang drums. LOL.

     
  • At 1:36 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Oooh Fafafel just got them Rockband thingies. :P

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I'm really bad at guitar. I almost failed. On easy. Wtf. I tried expert drums. It was on "no fail" so I did alright. Haha

    Lei, he has Band Hero daw. Taylor Swift! Hahaha

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Frances said...

    Wow! I'm starstruck at my house, too, haha kasi lumabas siya sa blog mo!!!

    Let's do this again!!! That was so fun. Wear your contacts na next time, ha?

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Hahaha. I have to buy new contacts coz my old ones are all dried up (from neglect. Haha). Thanks again for inviting me!:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home