Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, December 14, 2009

I've got a crush on you




Today's look was inspired by...



My girl crush, Emmanuelle Chiriqui, aka Sloan on Entourage. I've always found her so gorgeous, but she was especially so in season 6. And I loooved her clothes that season--classic and chic, never weirdly edgy.

In the season finale, pictured above, she wore a men's gray sweater over a coral tank and distressed boyfriend jeans (not shown), which she wore in a number of other eps. I could never pull off boyfriend jeans, at least not REAL boyfriend (or, in my case, husband) jeans. I'm just so small that I would look like a little boy in his dad's clothes. And I'm convinced that the look works best on skinny frames--something I have never had!

I do, however, have a pair of distressed jeans that weren't even intentionally distressed. They've got a few rips here and there because I played disc in them one time. (Couldn't help myself.) I also have a favorite gray off-shoulder top from Bangkok. First option was to wear it over a white tank, but I dug through my closet and found my almost-forgotten hot pink Topshop tank. Too bad my silver hoop earrings were no longer usable.

It feels weird doing this because I don't really put pics of myself in a post about clothes. (I'm far more interested in interiors than in fashion.) Plus there's the possible comparison with the incomparable Emmanuelle (a five-foot-three goddess, that one). But whatevs. I was just slightly giddy to find Sloan-esque stuff in my closet!

Now if anyone can tell me what shades she wore in that episode, I would owe you big time!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Jai said...

    Jaidy likes this.

    You actually look like her!

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I will love you forever for saying that!

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    actually tisha... u do!

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    And I will love YOU forever as well! You guys just made my month. Haha

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Wait, you look like her!! Hahaha. Nakikiuso lang ako. Crush ko rin siya. Gorgeous niya dun sa Zohan movie. Ang skinny nya though.

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Dondi said...

    aling episode? Ü

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Lei, I think we have the same taste in girls. Hahaha

    Dondi, the outfit is from the last ep of season 6.:)

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    I like pretty dark-haired girls. Hahaha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home