Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Friday, January 22, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

Because my kuya and his wifey are away, I made sure to drop by and hang out with the kids. Highlight of my day! (Btw, my brothers are just going everywhere! Germany for Oktoberfest, Rio for Carnival, Africa, the Caribbean...meanwhile, I didn't even get to leave the country last year! Boo!)

So anyway, I love talking to kids because it is endlessly amusing. I'm all about the Socratic method because I think kids can have such interesting answers! Case in point, H's niece (one of our flower girls), Caity. This three-year-old seems so much older than her actual age. Some snippets:

Caity: I'll show you my flowers! (takes my hand and leads me to their sampaguita plant)
Me: Do you want to see a baby flower? (I point to a bud)
Caity: Ooh.
Me: Do you know what happens to a baby flower?
Caity: It opens and turns into a mama flower!

~*~*~*~

(Caity was playing with her new toy unicorn)
Me: What do unicorns eat?
Caity: (pause) Hay.
Me: Ahh. Where do unicorns live?
Caity: Umm...
Me: Do they live in a stable? In a forest? In a cave?
Caity: It liveth in an enchanted foretht!
Me: What do unicorns do?
Caity: It hath magic!
Me: What kind of magic? Does it fly?
Caity: (rolling her eyes and holding the unicorn up to my face) It doethn't have wingth!
(Kulang na lang may "Hello?"!)

~*~*~*~

This evening, I was with my two sweethearts (or "sweetie pies"--Diego corrects me whenever I say "sweetie"), three-year-old Diego and two-year-old Marga. I nearly had a heart attack watching them jump off things, and will probably have a sore back tomorrow after serving as their trampoline. But it is absolute joy just spending time with them--when they're in a good mood! Tonight's gems:

(Introducing me to their horsies)
Diego: This is Mister Diego!
Marga: (showing her horse) Mister Marga!

~*~*~*~

(After they ran around barefoot)
Me: Diego, look at your feet. Yak. What color are they?
Diego: Black!
(Marga was showing me her blue and green Tinkerbell nightgown)
Me: Marga, what color is Tinkerbell?
Marga: Black!

~*~*~*~

Me: Bye-bye na, I have to go home.
Diego: Why?
Me: Because Tito Hamil is waiting for me.
Diego: When the sun is out tomorrow, you wake up then go to my house.

~*~*~*~

Me: (singing to Marga who literally watches Cinderella 3 ten times a day!) Salagadula, menchikabula...
Marga: Badada badada booo!!!

Hahaha. That totally made my day!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    oh... they are so cute tisha!

    the other day i had a patient and she needed fillings but i didnt wanna do them yet... so we just counted her teeth and then i did her moms fillings (so she could watch).

    later on, we were friends na and she said na she will bring her dad to my clinic too, cus his teeth are dirty daw cus he smokes.

    to which i replied:
    "that's good. since there's two of us here. cge u bring ur daddy and tito doc (bon) will clean his teeth and i will clean yours... okay?"

    she said: "we will go to a different dentist nlng! my papa needs only one dentist."

    wahahahahahahahhahahaha!

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Awww. Kids talaga. As long as they're not throwing a tantrum. Haha.

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger crickette inserto said...

    i havent had a patient na tipong nagsisisipa here sa clinic. thank heavens!

    but ive had kids who, while im working with them, may tears na unti-unting lumalabas. (pasimple!)

     
  • At 1:12 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    one word.... awwww.... hehehe!

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahaha! So cute! :)

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    It's really cute when they start building their vocabulary--even cuter they can't pronounce things properly yet. Haha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home