Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, January 18, 2010

These shoes were made for walking

A lot of people know me for my high heels. At my old job, I learned to run in three-inch heels because I was always rushing to beat the bundy clock (the security guards were on my side. And oh, I have since progressed to running in four-inch heels). And, on one occasion, when a co-worker caught me in sneakers on my way to the gym, he remarked, "Ang liit mo pala!"

Which is why I don't really wear flats. I always thought that ballet flats would make me look squat because of the width of my feet and my, uh, general self. Haha. But I resolved to buy ballet flats that I could live with, and so I went hunting. The result...



...Flats that I can't just live with, but which I actually love! As you can see, they're by el cheapo Parisian, found in all SM Department Stores. I heart this brand because they have such stylish shoes that don't cost a bundle. This pair, for example, was less than P500! Woohoo! I love the whole snakeskin thang it's got going. Funnily enough, while I was wearing these, I ran into one of the fab former Preview girls, and she was wearing platforms in the exact same pattern. (She got hers on sale at H&M.) And they don't make me look squat at all--in fact, they seem to make my legs look longer. Yay! On the minus side, these pinch my feet a bit because they're a half size smaller than normal--SM ran out of shoes in my exact size. But I snatched them up anyway because they're just so darn cute.

Hooray for cute, cheapie finds! Hooray for being a girl who can blog about such inane things!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Coz at SM, they've got it all for you. Hahaha. Parisian shoes kinda hurt my feet though. :(

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger Tisha said...

    I guess they're cheap for a reason. Haha. Thankfully, I can last all day in Parisian shoes.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home