Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cyber-dilemmas

I'm pretty bad with names and faces...normally, I have to see a person twice before I can remember him or her. It's annoying. But even with this defect, I'm quite sure that I don't know most of the people who are pending approval in my Facebook and Friendster.

I have dozens of pending requests. I feel bad about rejecting requests, but am also iffy about accepting those from complete strangers, so they lie in wait in social-networking limbo. With Facebook, I accepted one request from a stranger, then when other requests came along, I thought I would be biased if I didn't accept them, so then I had a few more "unknowns" added to my list (including an NFL player. Hahaha). Then I just kept getting more and more requests, and started feeling conflicted. Did I really want these people to have access to my info? Especially the sleazy-looking ones whose contacts are mostly buxom blondes? ('Yun pala ang market ko. Hahaha.) Cyber-elitist as it may sound, I don't think I'll be adding these dudes...but then there are the occasional gray areas:
  • Do I add friends of friends? I can normally see how I'm connected to some people, and I figure my friends wouldn't be friends with psychos, right? But still, I don't really know these people.
  • I added some guy from Bangladesh ages ago, one of the first people to add me in Facebook. This was back when I still didn't have a lot of contacts and would just take what I could get. (Ahahaha.) Then his classmate added me. And then another...it just seems weird adding more people I don't know. But then, I feel bad not adding one person when I added his classmates already.
  • Should I accept a request from one of my nephew's friends? I mean, I'd feel bad for not adding the kid. He might go and tell my nephew that he has a very snubera tita. But on the flip side, my nephew might end up thinking I'm corrupting minors!
It's kinda cool that these people are somewhat interested in getting to know me, but I have to have some boundaries, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    I have like four or five strangers in my facebook limited profile. I'm not sure though just how limited their access to my profile is. Waah. :S

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Tisha said...

    Yihee, heartthrob. Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home