Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

New digs

Greetings from the brand-spankin' new office!

I am currently waiting for inspiration to strike before I continue writing an article. (Apparently, a new office ain't inspiration enough.) So here I am, thinking about the changes that the new location has brought:

(-)
  • No easy access to a nice, compact mall. I used to loathe the mall where our old office was at. And then CBTL opened. Then French Baker. Then Mexicali. And let's not forget my happy place, Pancake House. I really learned to like that mall. Plus, it was convenient. And it helped to just step out and look around in case I was stumped and needed to clear my head. (Now, I have to resort to random blog posts.)
  • A longer commute. The older location was much, much more accessible. And my gym was right there! I am still trying to figure out a "new normal," which involves shelling out extra cash to pay for parking at the gym. It also includes taking the MRT to get to work on some days. Must do my part to save on gas expenses!
  • Higher SPF. I've had to switch from my SPF 15 daily moisturizer to an SPF 30 because of the walks to/from the mall/MRT. The sun's been so harsh lately!
(+)
  • Less kalat! I got to dump stuff that I've been meaning to dump for two years.
  • A pullout room! We now have a place to stash big, borrowed items like chairs and tables, instead of having them crowd our workstations.
  • A pantry! It's a bummer that we can't eat at our workstations anymore, but the pantry's pretty cool...
  • ...and so is the library! The boss jokingly called it Pan de Pugon, given its brick walls.
  • A chance to play around with my workstation. I'm thinking of going all New Pretty. Must draw up a plan...maybe the next time I'm lacking inspiration!
Visit me! It's a really nice office!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    mag-spf 140 ka :P

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

    tama!! hahahahhaha loko toh ah! hahahaha!!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ms tish!

    is the new office finally like what you see in the movies? hehehe.

    Devil Wears Prada-ish?

    jill

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home