Street but Sweet

THOUGHTS, TALES, AND TRIVIAL THINGS

Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby got back

Yesterday...

H: Your waist is getting smaller.
Me: Uh, nope. I think my hips are getting bigger!

I really don't mind. It's scary the way I've been eating lately--two lunches one day, two dinners on another. Plus, the unthinkable has happened: I've fallen in love with rice. Ever since I was a kid, I could chow down on a lot of ulam with just half a cup of rice. But in the last few weeks, I've stepped into the wonderful world of rice-eaters. I'm not a rice heavyweight yet (like one of the Hounds, who could put away seven servings in one sitting!), but I'm now on the receiving, rather than the giving, end of leftover rice. And "extra rice, please" is working its way into my vocab.

If the most I'm getting out of all this wanton eating is a bigger bum, then I'm happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home